Top Car DVD Players Of 2022
What are the different types of car DVD players?
- In-dash DVD players are installed in the dashboard. These are useful for GPS navigation, but may be distracting for new drivers.
- Headrest DVD players may be installed at the back of the driver and front-seat passenger’s headrests. These are great options for business vehicles and cabs.
- Flip down DVD players are attached to the sunroof and are suitable for larger vehicles such as MUVs and SUVs. These are generally larger in size compared to other car DVD players.
- Portable car DVD players are fast becoming a preferred option. They may be moved between vehicles and fixed anywhere.
What features should you look for in a car DVD player?
- Audio quality is of top importance.
- High-resolution screens are preferred for clear viewing.
- Long battery life is essential so that you do not need to depend on your car battery for power too often.
- Look for additional features such as USB connectivity, Bluetooth, and GPS navigation.
What are the main benefits of having a car DVD player?
- A car DVD player will help keep passengers entertained while the driver focuses on the road.
- Most touchscreen DVD players offer the option of playing games as well. This is a really great option to keep children engrossed on a long journey.
- Modern car DVD players may do much more such as offer screens to make calls, stream live media from the internet, and offer GPS navigation.
Are there any drawbacks to having a car DVD player?
- The biggest drawback of having an entertainment unit in the car is that it may distract the driver. Distraction among drivers is a leading cause of vehicle accidents and deaths on the road.
- Even if the DVD player is not located near the driver’s seat, loud sounds may still startle them.
- As a precaution, use headphones and keep the volume low after consulting with the driver about what he or she is comfortable with.
Is it better to buy a vehicle with a factory-installed player or install one yourself?
- This is a common confusion among vehicle owners.
- Factory-installed DVD players are covered by a warranty. So if anything goes wrong, the manufacturer will take care of it for you.
- On the flip side, these pre-installed DVD players are expensive and may increase the cost of the vehicle by a few thousand dollars at the least.
- So, if you are on a budget, paying for a fancy car and vehicle electronics is probably not on your agenda. In this case, it is better to get a reliable third-party fitting done.
- Conduct proper research on the DVD model that you choose to install and get the fitting done from a reliable car workshop.
What are some recommendations for good car DVD player models at present?
- eRapta Headrest DVD player
- DDAUTO DDA10D Dual Screen Tablet Android DVD player
- DB Power 9.5-inch portable DVD player
- Rockville RVD 721-BK 7 Black Dual DVD car headrest
- XTRONS Black 2XTwin 9-inch HD touchscreen